We have various opportunities to volunteer across our projects throughout Denbighshire. Volunteers are able to access free training and support to develop their skills and knowledge of working with young people.
Volunteering doesn’t have to be a big commitment but having volunteers to support our sessions for as little as three hours per week, helping us to ensure that we can provide youth sessions across the county, that young people can come along too and take part in.
Volunteer placements often lead to paid work or help support participants in accessing courses or employment within other related fields.
We welcome volunteers for Denbighshire Youth Service aged 18 and over and ask that you have an interest in working with young people.
If you are under the age of 18 but still want to volunteer with the Youth Service please get in touch to learn more about our young leaders scheme.
To view current opportunities with Denbighshire Youth Services please click here.
Types of activities volunteers can become involved in:
- Help in youth centre sessions
- Help deliver sports, crafts and cooking sessions as part of our project based work
- Help in the DofE Open Award Centres with our 12 week Skills/Physical programmes, or by teaching navigation and camping skills
- Help with providing holiday programmes and trips either as staff or by driving the mini bus
- Participate in the Young Leaders programme (U18’s)
Some general information about who can volunteer and the benefits of becoming a volunteer:
- Age 18 and above
- Enjoying being around or working with young people
- Have patience and are caring and supportive
- Experience is not essential
- Training and support is provided for all volunteers
- Depending on the activity opportunities can be regular or occasional.
- Willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check
Some reasons why you should volunteer:
- Help in the community
- Give something back
- Share your skills
- Gain new skills
How to apply
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0174585573 / 0792028745
Or attend our yearly volunteer recruitment events. Please see the events calendar on the Youth Service page